How to make an appointment
- Register on the NWU Writing Centre’s booking website (nwu.mywconline.com) from any computer or mobile device. Please note that there is no “www” in front of the website address.
- Log in with your email and newly created password.
- Choose the relevant campus (e.g. Vanderbijlpark Campus).
- White blocks are available sessions. Click on a white block to book a session. Each session will last an hour.
- Specify your question(s).
- Remember to attach your file if you choose to give consent to the Writing Centre to use your work for research purposes.
- Bring a hard copy of your writing to the consultation.
- See the specific consultant with whom you made your appointment at the Writing Centre.
What should the student do to prepare for the session?
- Arrive 5 to 10 minutes before your appointment.
- Bring your notes or a draft of your writing along.
- Bring along the instructions from your lecturer (e.g. guidelines and due dates) and/or any other relevant documents.
- For longer documents, identify particular sections that you would like to review with the consultant or come with specific questions. You can always schedule a follow-up consultation for other parts of the document.
- Prepare yourself to discuss your writing with your consultant for the best results.
- Take notes during your consultation.
- Follow-up consultations are highly recommended, especially if longer texts are involved.
- Please honour your appointment, and if you cannot do so for any reason, please cancel your appointment at least an hour or two beforehand (using the booking system) or send a message to the Writing Centre coordinator.