The Bachelor of Social Sciences (BSocSc) programmes combine disciplines and courses to provide the student with a particular knowledge and skills base. This Social Sciences degree will open up an attractive range of career options. Sophisticated communication, comprehensive research methods, clear analytical thinking and flexibility are the skills you can expect to possess after completing the Bachelor of Social Sciences. These skills will be accompanied by a detailed knowledge of major topical and theoretical debates pertinent to research work in the South African context.
Bachelor of Social Sciences (BSocSc) with one of the following majoring options:
- BSocSc with Development Studies (MC)
- BSocSc with Economics (MC, PC, VC)
- BSocSc with Geography (MC, PC, VC)
- BSocSc with History (MC, PC, VC)
- BSocSc with Population Studies (MC)
- BSocSc with Psychology and Social Sciences (MC, PC, VC)
- BSocSc with Social Anthropology (PC, VC)
- BSocSc with Sociology (MC, PC, VC)
This is a three-year full-time course.
The course is offered on the Potchefstroom (PC), Mahikeng (MC) and Vanderbijlpark (VC) campuses. Where only one campus is indicated in brackets, it means the degree option is available only on that campus.
- Development Studies
- Population Studies
- Social Anthropology
- APS of 22
- Please click here to go to the APS calculator.
- Market researcher
- Policy analyst
- Data analyst
- Development specialist
- Researcher in state and private research organisations
- Political scientist
- Industrial organisational psychologist